Why do you need a ridge vent?
Whether your building is residential or commercial, farm building or mini self-storage, when no closure is used, rain, snow, insects and debris can get in the building through the ridge cap. When a solid closure is used to eliminate this problem, it seals up the ridge cap and traps hot air leading to surplus heat and moisture that causes your attic and roof structures, shingles and paint to deteriorate prematurely. This moisture can enable mold, mildew and wood rot and it can lower the R-value of some insulation (R-value is heat resistance). The trapped heat also causes air conditioners to work more, consuming more energy and costing more money.
How does Closure Vent solve this problem for
Closure Vent manufactures a patented screened closure that allows sufficient air to circulate from the inside of the building out through the ridge cap to keep your building ventilated and free of condensation while protecting it from the elements. It takes the place of the whirlybird type vents, expensive vented ridge caps and other invasive former available options and eliminates the need for fans, turbines and louvers. An air exchange is created by pulling air from existing intake vents at the eave or soffit area and out through Closure Vent at the ridge.
What is the advantage to using Closure Vent?
- * It is safe, economical, easy to install and totally concealed.
- *Because of its innovative design, Closure Vent is completely self-cleaning.
- *Since Closure Vent covers the length of your ridge cap, it vents the entire area, eliminating problem areas between vents.
- *Closure Vent's products use an adhesive that has been tried and tested to function in both extreme heat and extreme cold conditions.
- *Our vents work on insulated and non- insulated roof systems.
- *Closure Vent is manufactured in the U.S. from the highest quality cross linked polyethylene, matching any corrugation for a perfect fit every time.
- *It is the only product available that offers sufficient airflow to safely and economically vent high- moisture areas such as farm buildings or regions of the country where high humidity, extreme heat or cold are factors.
- *Closure Vent offers up to 70% available space in net free air.
- *Our CV3’s solid deflection shield prevents back wash or pressure differential flow of rain and snow moisture during high wind conditions on lower pitched roofs. No other closure system employs this feature.
- *Installs in three easy steps
- 1. Peel paper from adhesive
2. Place closure vent on panel with weep holes to front
3. Install ridge cap as usual
How often do you have to clean your home
window screens for them to remain functional?
- *Air moves outward to ventilate the heat from your building the same way the screens in your windows at home allow fresh air to flow blocking debris while allowing almost as much airflow as an open space would.
- **Closure Vent contains no disposable parts or filter materials**
-You do not want that type of material screwed down under your ridge cap, instead you want a Closure Vent!
-Unlike competitors, products from Closure Vent do not require frequent replacements due to their self-cleansing system as well as each product having up to 70% of available space in net free air!